Job Title: I.T. Intern
Location: North Bergen, N.J.
Division/Department: Information Systems Dept.
Reports to: Information Systems Director
DAY TO DAY DUTIES:
– Assist with user management: Adding and deleting users from AD, setting up emails/distribution lists, setting up users & rights in our software systems, etc.
– Assist with network and security management.
– Assist with data storage and shared network resources.
– Assist with monitoring of daily tape and offsite backup systems.
– Assist with procurement and implementation of new servers, technology, etc.
– Assist with Logistics & Warehouse software and systems development.
– Provide user level technical support for end users, computers, printers, etc.
– Provide user level training on daily applications used, including, but not limited to: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Logistics Software System, and other basic computer related skills.
– Assist with end user system updates and monitoring. Including: Patch management, spyware removal and testing, virus checking, ensuring backup of data files, etc.
– Monitor printers, copiers, and fax machines to make sure they are working properly and getting regular maintenance.
– Provide High degree of professionalism and end user satisfaction and work well with others.
OTHER RELATED DUTIES:
– Assist in research of new technologies and software that might be beneficial.
– Assist with technical documentation of systems, SOPs and processes.
– Assist with creation and documentation of IT systems and networks.
– Assist with the creation and documentation of technical knowledge base for common issues experienced by end users.
– Perform other duties as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
– Experience with MS Office products
– Must have basic knowledge of current available technologies.
– Experience and/or knowledge of various networking systems concepts including email, firewall, client-servers, network security, network protocols, etc.
– Previous experience with computer and printer maintenance and repair.
– Work independently and assist with multiple projects, priorities, and locations.
– Work under pressure with interruptions and challenging deadlines.
– Willingness to work with many different people at our multiple locations.
– Ability to be courteous and helpful.
– Must show aptitude and desire to learn new skills on the job.
– Must demonstrate creativity and good design skills for different publications.
– Be able to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing.
– Work as a team member and to promote a positive work environment.
– Physical ability to perform essential job functions.
– Able to adapt to change and meet deadlines.
– One to two years experience.
DESIRABLE (not required) KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Experience with Microsoft products like Exchange, Active Directory, Server platforms.
– Technical writing experience.
– Comprehend and apply technical information, and present technical information to the general public in a non-technical manner.
– Deal effectively and tactfully with upset end users.
– Apple product knowledge (Mac OSX, iPad, iPhone).
– Android product knowledge (phones and tablets).
– Good troubleshooting skills using logic and common sense.
Recent Job Listings